The Institute is addressing the healthcare workforce shortage.
It is no secret that while our aging population is ever-growing, our direct care workforce is not on pace to keep up with the demand for care. According to the Long-Term Care Workforce Crisis 2021 Report produced by a coalition of provider associations:
- 40% of long-term care providers reported staff vacancy rates over 30%
- There are 23,165 vacant caregiver positions in Wisconsin care facilities, up from 16,500 in 2018.
- 43% of Wisconsin providers are limiting admissions of residents/patients because of staffing vacancies
- The percentage of people in Wisconsin age 85 and older is projected to increase 112% in the next 20 years.
Mission: Increase and advance the healthcare workforce in Northwest Wisconsin through quality, accessible certifications and trainings.
Vision: A well-trained, readily available workforce will meet the demand for care across the healthcare continuum in Northwest Wisconsin and beyond.
Guided by its mission to support programs and initiatives that aim to enhance the lives of seniors, the Dove Healthcare Community Foundation board approved healthcare workforce advancement as a priority initiative and formally established the Healthcare Workforce Training Institute in late 2021. In September 2023, the Healthcare Workforce Training Institute was formally established as a non-profit 501(c)(3). The Institute aims to increase the number of quality healthcare workers by taking an active, hands-on approach to help train and advance the next generation of caregivers.
Our trained instructors teach the following classes year-round in multiple communities, including Bloomer, Chippewa Falls, Eau Claire, Osseo, and Rice Lake.
- Nurse Aide Training Program / Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Class
- Medication Aide Classes
- Classes for caregivers employed by assisted living residences (CBRF): Fire Safety, First Aid/Choking, Medication Administration, and Standard Precaution
- First Aid and CPR Classes
- Virtual Dementia Tours
Seeking Grants / Donations / Investors | Hiring Instructors | Expanding Class Offerings | Expanding Hybrid Learning
In order for the Institute to advance its mission, it is imperative to hire more instructors, expand class offerings, as well as hybrid learning. The hybrid approach combines face-to-face in-person learning and online teaching into one cohesive experience. The Institute will continue to work to secure grants, donations, and contracts with other entities to provide additional educational opportunities to assist individuals in meeting their healthcare career goals.
Director & Certified Virtual Dementia Tour Trainer
Paula Gibson, CDP, CVDTT, CCSPView Bio
Growth through Grants -- Thank You!
Partners in Training & Growing the Healthcare Workforce
- Oakwood Health Services
- Aspen Health
- Dove Healthcare - Bloomer
- Aurora Community Services
- Chippewa Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation
- Dove Healthcare - West Eau Claire
- Family Circle Assisted Living
- Circle of Hope Assisted Living
- Cornell Health Services
- Dove Healthcare - Barron Assisted Living
- Grace Lutheran Communities
- Dove Healthcare - Bloomer Assisted Living
- HeatherWood Assisted Living and Memory Care
- Heritage Lakeside Nursing and Rehabilitation
- Heritage of Elmwood Nursing and Rehabilitation
- Kinnic Health and Rehabilitation
- Dove Healthcare - Orchard Hills Assisted Living
- Lake Hallie Memory Care
- Meadowbrook at Black River Falls Assisted Living
- Dove Healthcare - Rice Lake
- Monarch Healthcare Management
- Wissota Place Assisted Living Community
- Dove Healthcare - South Eau Claire
- Park View Nursing Home
- Dove Healthcare - Osseo
- Park View Assisted Living
- Spring Valley Health and Rehabilitation Center
- Prairie Maison Nursing Home
- Dove Healthcare - Rutledge Home
- Spring Valley Assisted Living
- United Pioneer Home
- Dove Healthcare - Osseo Assisted Living
- Vista Prairie at Brentwood Assisted Living
- Wisconsin Veteran's Home at Chippewa Falls
- Meadowbrook at Bloomer Assisted Living
- Dove Healthcare - Regional Vent Center
- Workforce Resource, LLC